View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #13
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Sorry to hear about your TrailManor...

I don't know if the bottom shell would support an upright camper. Keep in mind the upper shells are supported by the lift arms which are connected to the torsion bars which are connected to the frame, the lower box doesn't support any of that weight. The lower box is made of the same foam/aluminum sandwich as the upper shells. If you do attempt this you're probably gonna have to frame everything from the floor; don't try to stack onto the lower box walls. But I don't even know if the floor would support that kind of weight, either.

That said, several people have replaced the rotted wood in the shells. The info is out there. It's no small job but I don't think it would be any less work to build an upright camper on the TM frame.

Did you insure the TrailManor? May be best to make a claim, they will probably total it due to wind damage. Take the money and run!
Old-ish thread, but I wanted to correct myself. I said the floor of the bottom box doesn't support the weight of the shells. I was wrong. The damage that I'm dealing with now has shown me that the torsion bars are just bolted to the wood frame of the bottom box, and the frame does not support the weight of that system at all.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote