View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 06:29 AM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riwright View Post
When do you need to sanitize the fresh water tank? Is this needed when you have a water hookup or just for dry camping? If you have a water hookup is the fresh water tank involved or is it bypassed? If you plan to drink bottled water and use the fresh water tank for showers, hand washing and dish washing is it less of a concern?
Sanitize at the beginning of the camping season and as necessary. It is not used when hooked up to fresh water.

Quote:
I notice that the water heater has an electric element that can be used in addition to the propane for faster recovery. If you turn this on, does it draw current from 110 volt or does it use 12 volt? Seems like it would be a real battery killer if it uses 12 volts, but a nice help if it uses 100 only.
It uses 120 VAC when hooked to shore power. Caution: The water heater must be filled with water before power is turned on. It only takes about 15 seconds to burn out the element if it is on in an empty tank.

Quote:
There are some instructions printed in the bedroom that say how to get out in case of fire. They don't make any sense to me. Can you get out of a 3124KS from the bedroom?
Unlatch the safety latch between the bed and the bathroom wall. Lift up the front of the bed tray while standing in the hallway. Crawl out under the bed. It may be possible to tip the bed up while laying along the back wall if it is unlatched - depends on your weight.

Quote:
When I turn the valve on the propane tank it gives off a little hiss at a certain position in the rotation. Should I have the valve replaced? Lube it? Ignore it? It doesn't seem to be leaking once I get it turned on.
It is leaking when you hear the hiss. Mine does the same thing. I,m going to try tightening the packing nut and see if it will stop the leak. I have not been able to find a shop that will repair/replace a valve on a horizontal tank. Note: The tank will have to be flushed if the valve is replaced.

Quote:
Should I replace the smoke detector and propane detector? Any models that will fit the existing holes?
Test the smoke detector with a smoke source and replace the battery at the start of the camping season. Remove the battery during winter storage. The smoke detector is surface mounted with two screws, any small replacement will work.

Test the propane detector with a propane lighter but do not light the flame. Several of the RV/camping stores carry the replacements.

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote