Thread: New / Old Owner
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
rumbleweed

There is a lot of information on lift kits and tires. Do a search and you will find enough reading for a few days. The lift kits are pretty simple and required if you want to upgrade to larger tires. Also Older TM's used wood in several areas and there is a lot of information on checking/replacing that. There is one thread on a total beautiful rebuild of an older TM. Note that your trial membership will expire in a month and you will loose access to much of the info you need. Membership is just $12.00/yr and it will be the best $12 you ever spend because whatever you need/want to do with your TM has already been done and is most likely described in detail including the gotcha's. Information on joining can be found here: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHMAN73 View Post
Hi Everyone.
I just picked up a 1989 27' so I guess I am not sure if I am a happy new owner or a old fool owner. I didn't give much for it and its not in bad shape from all I could see.
I did browse here a bit but do have a couple quick questions.
I was wondering about the upper and lower side seals. I see many people have just made there own.
1 - Are they available new from Trailmanor ?

The second thing I saw right away was that this unit is very low to the ground. Have any of you lifted one of these things by some sort of lift kit axle rework or change tire size ?

Well that's it for now I will take one thing at a time and try to put up some pics this weekend.