View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We have the 2720, it has a queen size bed. If you are the one sleeping next to the rear window, you have to crawl over the person next to the bathroom to get out. I can get in and out without using a step stool, but I'm still pretty nimble. The opening to the rear bed (if you haven't been inside a TM) is narrowed by the fold down closet and the bathroom wall. I suppose you could remove the closet if you didn't need it, and it would give you a bigger opening to crawl out of, and you'd also be able to crawl down on top of the counter on the passenger side. There is no way that DH and I can sleep the other way (sideways) on that queen sized bed, it's only 60" wide. Even if one of us sticks our feet out the opening, it's just too small. We've tried.

Your other option is to have one person sleep in the front bed and one in the back. In our 2720 with the two permanent beds, each bed is equally comfortable, but one is a bit larger. There is also a dinette bed that sleeps 2 (little) people. If this is set up, and you're in the front bed, you have to step around the person asleep in the dinette bed. If the bed isn't set up, you can just step down onto the dinette seat.

If you haven't been inside a TM, you should visit one and get in and out of the bed to see how difficult it would be for you.