View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 11:00 PM   #14
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

This is my fifth summer with my camper. During that time I have closed it down in the rain once or twice. It was no problem nothing got wet inside.

. I can't say the same thing for my old pop up. I left early one trip because it was going to be raining all day that day and the next so I started to pack up and had just dropped the bunk end support poles when it started absolutely pouring! So dumb me I waited it out about five minutes before I realized how wet my beds were getting and I closed it all up as fast as I could. Regretted trying to leave early.

Now I always pop up my campers when I get home anyway to unpack everything, but that five hours of sitting in soaked wetness really caused problems with my "canvas" and I always had mildew on it thereafter.

You would never have the same issue with the TM. Once you are to the point of popping down the shells it is really quick and easy. And as someone else said there is not much wetness that gets in the camper mainly it will be from the front shell sitting on the wet rear shell. My biggest issue when I closed it up in the rain was all the pine needles and twigs that I didn't take the time to clean off the rear shell because of the rain.

It takes longer to hitch up than it does to pop it down.

As for crawling inside it when closed.....no that won't work, but it ooens fully when hitched up. Just three weeks ago I had just closed it all down prior to heading out on vacation and had it all backed into the garage and ready to go except for putting my bike on the car. Then I realized that I forgot to turn the fridg fan on. I ended up pulling it into the street and popping up front and rear shells so I could open the door and turn the fan on. Then closed it up and had it back in the garage and to go in less than 15 minutes.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote