View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #20
robertkennel

Happy days Jim. The kids will love it. I was just thinking of you this weedend when we went camping because we were at the limits when it came to space. I'm sure you will be very happy you went with the bigger one.

After you give the trailer a wash check for any leaks. A couple of tubes of caulk takes care of any water issues. Better to find them now before camping when it rains. Mine had one leak then I caulked all the seams and I mean all. I feel secure now.

Just make sure the kids are gentle with the trailer and you'll be fine. How to open the drapes without damage, don't jump on the bed until the pin is in, and don't slam the door all come to mind.

Tell us about the first trip. I took the advice of the forum and camped in front of the house first. The kids loved it even in front of the house.

I purchased a water filter that attaches to the kitchen faucet and that has worked well, but you have to remove it when closing because it sticks up beyond the faucet. I like to filter at the end of line rather than at the supply. Oh and don't forget to turn off the hot water heater (electrically or gas) when folding up(luckily there was still water in the tank). I forgot once but nothing bad came of it. Of course following the checklist would have prevented that. I don't use a checklist much now but I do keep in mind never to force anything, there's always a reason if things don't go gently together. Good luck Robert