View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
angerlo

If you have the rectangular wheel wells, you might try searching thru "retrofit wheel wells" to protect the metal wheel wells. I am not that familiar with the double axle King.
I have a 3023 and upgraded from 14" to 15" tires and wheels. You can check my post called, "from 14" to 15" tires and wheels." Use the steel valve stems from Nappa.
To protect the plumbing from possible blowout damage, I purchased a half-inch rubber mud flap made for semis ($10.95) (JKC 1230 HD 1/2" rubber 24x30 JKC 7400 mud flap) from<ryderfleetproducts.com>. I cut horizontally to made two 12" wide flaps and again at 15." Then I glued the two sections together to make two 12 x 15" one inch thick flaps and bolted them with four stainless steel bolts per flap to the outrigger part of frame. Fits perfectly and is solid, yet flexible. I will make a post about this next week.
To restore lustre and color to TM. I would recommend the use of a turtlewax polishing compound to clean sullied sections. Rub hard. Then I used Thedford RV Wax - a color restorer and deoxidizer. It's a carbauna wax and goes on well. One quart will do it. To clean of rust steel frame and steps, I not only used steel brushes but also navy jelly to dissolve rust and then applied two coats of rustoleum. Best of luck in the restoration project!
angerlo is offline   Reply With Quote