Thread: HoA Woes
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 03:39 PM   #25
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
How about some plastic bushes that you simply remove and replace when it is time to move the camper? Mount them on a board that mounts or hangs on (or just below) the top of the wall.

I don't think I would remove and replace the wheels. You have to jack up the camper, open it, remove the wheel covers, remove the wheels, lower the camper back down below its original level, and store the wheels somewhere. What a pain! And it gets you only about 8 inches. Is that enough for your need?

Bill
8 inches would be enough, I think. I will have to measure. As for plastic bushes, as my HoA so kindly pointed out (when I suggested a decorative arched RV gate), it isn't just the view from the street that I need to be worried about, it is also what my neighbors can see (to the side and from the back).

While true, it is likely a hassle to remove/replace the wheels, and with no experience to suggest otherwise, it is likely less so than storing it off-site, going and getting it to set up to go camping, collapsing it back down, going camping, coming home, setting it back up to empty/prep for storage, collapsing it back down and taking it to storage.

Recall that I selected the Dodge Durango as my tow vehicle. So long as I have 5 - 6 passengers, there is little to know storage in the TV for stuff, which means I have to pack most the stuff for camping in the camper.

to your other point (raising my wall by 1 block) I would have to do that on the front block wall (not too bad), the side block wall shared with 2 neighbors), and at least some of the back block wall (which if I did not do all of it might look fairly odd). So, if I did this, I would likely have to do the other side (would look weird without, and the other front wall. Then, to have mine done and not the other neighbors, would likely stand out. Also, I think my CCC&Rs said that we could not raise the wall, or perhaps city code? would have to investigate that. (likely cost prohibitive as well, though not sure).

I was thinking that I could lower the side yard elevation to reduce the overall height, but anything that changes the natural drainage of the yard becomes a liability. Plus, I would not want my tires sitting in puddles (if/when we got a monsoon rain). I have someone that is supposed to come by and help me determine if this is feasible or not.

I think my best option is to move, though we were not prepared to do this until my youngest middle daughter was out of high school (next year).

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote