View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #9
LifeIsGood

I agree with Civil War Buff - "absolute power will absolutely corrupt." I am still a trial member but one of my very first posts I made I was asking advice on what is a good deal for a TM and I had mentioned a TM dealership in NH in my post. The moderator (Bill) immediately knocked down this TM dealership because one of their salesman had tried spamming this forum a few years back (who btw is no longer there), and I had my post "edited" without asking me first just because I mentioned this TM dealership's name. I can understand his concern that perhaps he was trying to protect me from a dealership that "he felt" was unethical, but I'm the type of person who won't make assumptions until I know all the facts. When I asked for advice, I did not intend for any dealership to get a bad rap by something I said or the moderator said and I did ask the moderator to retract his statement because I did not feel it was fair to make judgments so quickly. When he replied to me, he said he had checked out their website that looked kind of "used-car garish" to him, which, again, one must be reminded that we can't always judge a book by its cover unless the book is pointing a gun in your face. After investigating this dealership, I found these folks to be good, honest people (yes, many people up north are more laid back but who cares? God bless them!) Perhaps that's what this world needs - a little more laid-backness (sp? - lol) and a little less uptightness. Hence, the reason for all this bickering. I do feel moderators are necessary and like Texas Camper said, they do a lot of work in the background (voluntarily!) but I think his whole point was who has the power to control whom. If there is a thread for "off topics" and someone wants to discuss politics or religion, big deal. If you're not interested in reading it, then don't. Some people may find it humorous and other's won't, so STOP READING IT! Don't click on it if you think there's something there that's going to offend you. There are plenty of other threads here that will keep you busy reading for hours on all the TM advice you can muster. It seems to me that many of these people have been sharing advice for years - a lot of which is the same advice for all the newbies and maybe they wanted to be able to talk about other topics, too, like this big presidential election coming up. Everyone has opinions and everyone should respect each other's opinions - it doesn't mean you have to agree with them. As long as the conversation is clean, there shouldn't be anyone controlling one's opinions. After all, we are all adults here - aren't we? Since my short time here, I have gained so much valuable information and have read so many other posts who have said the same thing. Let's not ruin a good thing - that's why wars are so prevalent in this world. Here I thought I found a place where people are generally respectable and good and willing to share their knowledge with others. I know throughout my life I will never stop learning and I'm sure that is why the majority of people continue to stay connected with this forum - to continually learn new things. Every time you come across something you don't like, do you run the other way or quit? How sad. No wonder history keeps repeating itself! No one ever learns from it.

Linda
Proud New Owner '08 2720SL
'07 GMC Sierra 1500 Supercab
blah, blah, blah . . .