View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 07:23 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:Refrigerator Question

T_C -

Your thoughts are good. Yes, a hole in the flashing / door frame would be good, especially if we could find a shouldered plastic sleeve to line it for appearance purposes. Let me see what I can find. Using a nail as a pin is a good idea. My guess would be something on the order of a 3" (10-penny?) nail, with the pointed end cut off to leave about 1-1/2" length.

Upon further reflection, it would seem that only a single triangle might be necessary - the one that is screwed to the underside of the countertop. Place it so that when you drop a pin through it, the pin drops just in front of the door, rather than into a hole in the door frame.

Yes, having the triangle stick out would be an invitation to a snag at that level. To minimize that, the protruding point of the triangle should be very rounded and smoothed, and need not stick out more than 1/2" or 3/4".

The pin doesn't get lost, because it is captive on the end of a short length of string or wire. Most of the time, it just hangs there, looking out of place. But when you are closing up, and scanning the interior for the last time, it used to attract attention in the old Airstream.

I will have my TM open within the next couple days. Let me put some thought into it, and report back to the group.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote