View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
momto4girls

Thanks for the lists! Y'all are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefLamont View Post
As I was perusing the listing I was also wondering how to evaluate some upgrades. For example, one had been lifted and upgraded to 15" wheels. There were some other upgrades too, but the price being asked seemed very high for the year, pictured condition, and other options.
I am struggling with TM pricing. It seems like the dealers are selling for more reasonable prices than private parties. With cars it's always the other way around. So when I look up a TM on NADA and it gives me an "average retail" and a "low retail", I'm thinking this is what a retail dealer would ask. Private party should be a little lower. I know TMs are kind of a niche market, and they hold their value better than some other type travel trailers, but I agree that prices being asked are too high for the model year. I can NOT afford to overpay. This is not a neccessity like a car--I can live without a camper. It's hard to pay 10K for a 10 yr old TM when I can get a brand new entry level bunkhouse for that price. So tempting to go that route--we just don't want to tow a full height trailer.
momto4girls is offline   Reply With Quote