View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 03:56 PM   #12
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Default Re: TrailManor refrigerator concern

Quote:
...However, wife says that the refrig is "inadequate." She says it won't hold enough and to load or unload you have to kneel on the floor. How do you owners out there contend with the small refrig at floor level. [/b]
After 3 years and 16,000 miles in a TM, I will confirm what others have said, the fridge is adequate for 2 people for 5-7 days, between grocery store stops, depending on your preferences for food. We carried milk, OJ, eggs, butter, meat (ground round & chicken) most condiments that require refrigeration, etc. We traveled; we are not weekend campers. We carried lots of packaged & canned foods to supplement the fresh foods.

Unless you are particularly tall (we are 5'10 & 5'9&quot the bending was not a problem. The only time I was on my knees was when I lit the propane pilot after we set up... oh, when I changed from 110 VAC to 12 VDC for travel, too.

The wife was on her knees while packing the fridge, but rarely while we were traveling.  Most items are handy to reach by bending at the waist.

Good luck.