View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Hello all! When did TM go to all-aluminum construction?
Although it is sometimes hard to grasp. there was no hard cutover date for most TM changes. Changes were gradually phased in over time, then evaluated for a while before they were accepted as permanent. And the changes were made to different models at different times. For example, my early-build 2002 2720SL had aluminum shell framing, but I have heard of later 2002 builds that still had wood.

Quote:
Both sit on stock size tires with no lift and have roof A/C. Should they clear my true 7' garage door?
Yes. Use the Search tool on the word "garage" to find lots of discussion. Start here.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6620

Quote:
Does the 3326 require 2 lift kits since it has a dual axle?
Yes - or a single long lift tube.

Quote:
Was there a year when TM started welding the axles to the frame?
If you are asking about welding the lift kit to the frame, vs bolting it, see answer to #1 above. The factory addition of the lift kit was even more haphazard than the change to aluminum framing.

Quote:
Has anyone had success with retrofitting a swing-around tongue or fabricating a removable tongue.
Again, this has been the subject of discussion, so a session with the Search tool maybe helpful. The question has been asked many times, and at least one member found a local welder willing to take it on. But many welders are hesitant, since it is an unusual mechanism and the consequences of failure are dire. I know that The Car Show in Colorado Springs has done it, and I think Custom RV in Ontario, CA has done it. Neither very handy to you, but a quick call to TCS might get you more information.

Quote:
How can I determine if the shell framing is wood?
I know of only one way, and that is to remove a couple of the screws from the bottom edge of the side of one of the shells. Then look at the screw's threads to see if they have wood "crumbs" adhering. Or use a flashlight to peer up into the screw hole.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote