View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 07:53 PM   #8
Al-n-Sue

Default We (I) continue to have sewer (i.e. memory) issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-n-Sue View Post
We had a major learning experience when we went to the dump - when I opened the black water valve the waste came out so fast it popped the hose out of the drain! We were able to use the gray water to clean up a bit, but now we know to hold it down when we dump!
On our 2nd trip - the "official" shakedown trip for our little camping group - all went well till closing time. I forgot to pull the inside lever on the toilet before I pulled the lever on the outside. I had already dumped the gray water and put the hose up when I realized why the black water only trickled. Fortunately we were at a full hookup site, so I just had to reconnect the hose and redump - after pulling the lever inside! It was especially embarrassing since 2 of our 3 TM couples were with us.
Otherwise it was a great trip. The wind blew and it was chilly, but a good test of the TM. We finally had to retract the awning on Saturday when the wind got so bad, but otherwise the TM stood up to the elements.
My new WDH needs some adjustment and I'll get that professionally done this weekend instead of trying to do it myself - especially with no wrenches that fit the big nuts!
If you want a full service RV park near Colorado Springs, check out Mountaindale RV park. It is a great close-in (i.e. less gas) park.
Alan