View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

John -

Welcome aboard!

Some (but not all) answers to your questions.

The fuse box is in the converter. In 2002, this was a box with a brown louvered cover, near the floor outside the bathroom. At least that's where it was in the 2720. Anyway, wherever it is, the box contains both the circuit breakers (for the 120 VAC system) and the fuses (for the 12VDC system).

The beds don't seal well. It is an unfortunate fact of life that I still fail to understand fully. Our members have used various techniques to seal out drafts in cold weather - such as a long cloth tube filled with flaxseed or sand, laid over the leaky seal. In warm weather, I don't think that the small leaks matter much. At least they haven't to me.

There have been numerous discussions about bugs coming in through the seals (use the Search tool). I think that the general consensus is that there is not much problem.

When you put the TM away for a couple months, do the common-sense things. Drain the fresh water, gray water, and black water tanks. Leave the refrig off and the door open. Clean everything so it is ready for you next use. If ants are a big problem in your area, I suppose you could spread some ant cups. Beyond that, fully charge the battery, and then disconnect it. For one or two months, no need for a charger - but disconnect it, to prevent the parasitic loads (again, use the Search tool) from draining the battery.

Moisture has never been a problem for me, even on the coast of Maine where the humidity is high in the summer. Maybe coastal Texas is worse????

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote