Thread: Towing with FWD
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #8
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

I own the 2010 Pathfinder and it tows very nice on my 2720SD. I do not use a WDH. But I also understand your situation with the higher mileage on your Pathfinder.

You are right, the jury is out on the CVT transmission and inherently it would seem to be more dainty in towing, hence the 1000 pound reduction in towing capacity.

I turn my towing vehicles over every five years and have already thought that my next SUV in 2015 will have to be the Nissan Armada or the Toyota 4Runner. The dog gone cost of the Armada is a $12k jump from the Pathfinder price. Ouch!! Then again, the cost of ownership is reasonable on both of these vehicles.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote