View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
curtcharlespdx

Default Stowing wheel chocks

Where to put those dirty wheel chocks? Because they're needed first, you pretty much have to put them in the tow vehicle.
My solution has two parts. First, attach a snap link (aka carabiner) to each chock via 1/4" nylon rope (REI is a good source). If you're not good with knots, secure each knot with some gorilla glue or hot melt. Keep the rope as short as possible. You may need to drill a hole in the chock; I drilled mine in the internal rib of the chock.
Second, connect a 1/4" nylon rope from one frame rail to the other immediately behind the battery. You want this to be very tight between the rails.
Simply clip the chocks to the rope and you're good to go. When you arrive, the chocks are there right there when you need them.
I've considered a 1" nylon mesh strung in the same place, aft of the battery; that way it could hold chocks and blocks too, but I haven't been able to source the mesh netting yet. Another possibility would be a box aft of the battery between the frame rails; anybody tried that?