View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
T and C
TrailManor Master

I have this problem too.

It showed up in a new situation a couple of weeks ago. I was camping in a USFS campground with no electricity. So I was running my hot water heater on propane for the first time. At 4:30 AM my propane switchover regulator began singing like a bird. I figured that the hot water thermostat had kicked on the burner and so propane was coming out of the tank. After a few minutes it stopped.

I have wondered whether or not this is related to low propane, so that morning I switched to the other tank and got the first tank, (the left one), refilled. It was almost full, so low gas was not the cause.

I left the little lever pointed to the right and opened that tank, leaving the left one closed. It stopped chirping and did not start up again.

So, I lit a couple of burners, opened both valves, and switched the lever to the left side. Chirp chirp. Switched to the right. Silence. So it appears to be the left side of that switch/regulator thingy. For now my solution will be to use the right tank and leave the left one as a full backup tank.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote