View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

thanks Brulaz.

GAWR-

Front Axle is FF- 3160lbs and the RR is 3760lbs

I was hoping to not use a WDH, but might have to. I am a new trial member and paid member soon, that was asking questions about two weeks ago regarding a hitch extension.

The tailgate of the truck has to be in the down postion to carry the motorcycle. It does not impact the trailer jack but too close to pull safely and turn. At this point for temporary, I am removing the jack with the 3 bolts on the mounting flange. The trailer is threaded for the bolts. Easy off and on with a cordless drill and socket head adapter. I'm also removing the twin propane tanks as the tray and bottles slightly overhang the A-Frame. I have the accessory bed-extender rack for the tailgate and I bungee them both in securely.

My plan for the future is to mount a swingaway jack to the outside of the A-frame rail. I thought about mounting it on the drivers side of the trailer frame, but the trailer plug cable, breakaway switch cable and wire are located there and is a potential conflict. May have to place it on the curb side.
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote