View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #9
BigBear

Default Swing hitch bracket bent and failed with wdh - 2720sl

It may only be because of my steep driveway that caused the excess force on the swing hitch bracket on my 2720SL to fail with a weight distribution hitch. The plate at the front of the pins on the swing hitch bent about 3/4 of an inch causing the swing hitch to tilt upwards about 3 inches and possible create a situation that it could fail. This also caused the spring bars to jam and knock off the wdh snap brackets mounted on the trailer when turning sharply. I attached a pdf that shows this. In the end, I had the swing hitch removed by welding up the frame with plates and got rid of the swing hitch as my garage was long enough. The excessive force that failed the swing hitch may have only been because I had a steep driveway. Under normal situations people don't seem to have had a problem with the swing hitch. Steep driveway may be something to watch out for. Yes the swing hitch can bend and cause conflicts with the spring bars hitting the snap brackets under certain situations.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Adjustment to WDH and 2320SL with swing hitch[2].pdf (317.5 KB, 210 views)