View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Actually, on my 2720SL, the battery was factory-installed to the right, as you peer in through the door. I followed Mike Laupp's rework that Bill referred to, and it works great. The thread he described his work in is here:

http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1696

Dave
Good thread......but I have a comment...............

I wonder why he didn't recess the batteries to the sub-floor. That gives 3" more clearance and there is plenty of support. It also eliminates the need for the tie downs.

I really like the idea of mounting the batteries more to the center line of the trailer but the right side of my outside cabinet ends right at the edge of the door (allowing more space for the inside cabinet). I would have to mount the batteries in the inside cabinet to get them close to the center-line. I wish that I would have thought of that . The original battery weighs ~35#....this pair of Trojans weighs about 100# more. That's a substantial amount of shock loading on that side of the axle, that far back.......

Back to the drawing board .................My wife's not going to like the solution to this problem.