View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
brittoa

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and how to fix the issue. After my wife pulled in to home yesterday, I surveyed the damage and fortunately there wasn't much. Wife said it proabably rained for half hour so it wasn't an extended period of time. Also she came back to the TM as soon as she heard the thunder and rain clouds from wherever she was sight seeing. She immediately started mopping up the floor and put towels on the matress and the couch and had the kids sit on the towels to help absorb the water.

When she got home I checked the floor and behind the furniture and could not feel any moisture.

The matress was damp on one end and after 4 hours in the sun, it was dry. I opened the zipper to the cover and ran my fingers through the top of the mattress and squeezed and could not feel any dampness.

The couch cushions were dry by the time my wife pulled the TM home, but I still pulled it out and let it dry in the sun. again I opened the zipper and felt it and it is all dry.

The drapes were dry by the time the TM got home. There were no water marks and we decided on not washing them at this time.

And I let the TM opened up rest of Sunday and entire Monday. I ran the AC fan on all the time to keep air moving. Like I mentioned before the dry AZ weather eased most of my problems.

I will look into this vent covers that you guys talk about.

thanks again everyone who responded. you are all awesome.