View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittoa View Post
  1. Our TM has no carpet, so she mopped the floors and I think that will take care of that.

I would just make sure you check under the furnishings etc just to make sure you got all the moisture up. TM doesn't seal the edges of linoleum.

2. We live in Chandler, AZ so it is very dry. I think just opening up the TM when she gets home and airing it out will take care of any moisture in the TM. If you have other ideas please let me know.

Honestly this may work but water damage can be hidden also if not dried out properly. At minimum you need to run some air movement so as to promote quick proper drying.

3. For the mattress I am thinking of taking them out of the TM and leave it in the hot AZ sun for couple of hours and that should take care of that. Is the mattress removable easily?

You should be able to remove easily but depending on how wet you may be better off replacing for possible health reasons since foam is very hard to dry properly unless started immediately.

4. As far as the couch I dont think the cushions comes out, so I am thinking of using a shop vac or renting a steam cleaner and suck up any moisture and clean it up. Not sure how to remove any water marks that will get left behind.

You seem to be talking about the jack-knife sofa. As long as it didn't stay soaked for an extended time you may be able to save it form mildew damage.

5. As far as the curtains I am thinking about removing them from the TM and give a COLD wash either in the washing machine or by hand, and let it air dry, so there is no shrinkage.

Curtains should be your easiest one to fix

None of what I have said is meant to scare you but you do have to be careful when taking care of a water damage since even a Clean Water Damage can rapidly evolve into a Black Water Damage. What you described was Soaking Wet which is what I am basing my opinion on.

Water Damage not dried properly can cause possible health issues.

There are three basic Classifications of Water Damage:

Clean Water

Grey Water: This would be the class of your damage most likely.

Black Water

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote