View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

As Gocntry mentioned, you can buy a Digital TV converter that you connect directly between the antenna and the receiver (or TV, if you are using a non-digital TV). I use one with my batwing antenna and old flat panel TV. They work very well. Mine is a Zenith DTT-901, and I paid $40 for it - but there are many others for many prices.

You can find hundreds of them for sale on eBay, for prices ranging from $25 to - well, more.

As the name implies, they convert the new digital TV signals to old-fashioned analog TV signals, so you still need an analog TV or an analog TV receiver (I don't know what comes in the TM setup). If you shop carefully, you will find that some of them have a video output, so you can use them with a monitor instead of a TV.

This converter is not the same thing as a satellite TV box that comes with your Dish TV or DirecTV subscription. If you want satellite TV,you will need a satellite TV box.

Without more detail of what you have and what you would like to have, I can't say much more. You can post more here, or PM me with details, and we'll see where we can go.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote