View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #15
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
I just don't understand why they are having so many problems with leakage in the new Elkmonts. Isn't the roof using the same technology & materials as their other trailers?

John, with respect to your toilet problem, is that a re-circulating or standard toilet? We've never filled ours up that far on our standard toilet, just held the foot pedal down for a long time which flushes and drains at the same time. So far no leaks there.
It's a standard toilet- because of the newer style design of the drain lines (one hook up for the black water and another one for the gray water) you have to move the drain hose. In all my previous RV's there was only one and two valves (one for black and one for grey) I did not worry about having enough flow to clean out the drain hose I just used the full gray water tank to flush the line after draining the black tank. That is why I filled the toilet all the way to the top.

PS: When I had a 2720SL with the re-circulating toilet I would also fill it until I had water half way up the bowl and then open the drain under the toilet. Never had a leak.