Thread: Beware
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #33
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Curly/Cochise -

I am not dismissing you or your problem. But I am asking you to address it like an adult, not like a child throwing a temper tantrum. And to be complete, and provide all information, not just selected excerpts.

With regard to your post, I am having trouble understanding some of it. You start off saying there is a letter to Mr. Odgaard, but I don't know what was said - I don't even know who Odgaard is. So the excerpts of the response aren't entirely meaningful to me. That makes it tough to follow your complaint.

It seems to me that Hulsey's response, as quoted by you, is pretty reasonable. He says that the dealer tried to do something about an installation - I can't quite tell what - and if it is wrong, it will be handled under warranty. I'm having trouble seeing the problem there. I'm not sure why the dealer has any part in installing the furnace, but that's a different question. Am I misunderstanding something?

Your first picture shows a top view of the furnace. It appears to be a bit skewed, and I'm not sure why, but Hulsey said if there is a problem, it will be handled under warranty. Since I don't know how the furnace is supposed to be installed, this snapshot doesn't tell me much. The kink in the gas pipe is not professional - you're right. So how did you handle that observation? Again, Hulsey offered to take care of it.

As you and others have said, the Elkmont is a new product, and so none of us here has extensive experience with it. If you had a specific question about one of the folding trailers, there would certainly be someone who could answer it. But it is quite possible that no one here knows the answer to your Elkmont questions, since none of us has lived very long with an Elkmont. If you have a specific question, such as "How is the furnace attached to the floor?", then one of our Elkmont owners may be able to answer, or provide a photo. But if your comment is simply "The furnace installation sucks!" - well, I'm not sure what you think we should do. By the way, did you use this same approach when you contacted TM Corp? Sounds like it.

I find it interesting that both of you seem to think that you need to provide this board with documentation. No one else has ever thought that. Your writing styles are also very similar. Any chance that the two of you are the same person? Regardless, you should be aware, since it was posted above, that this discussion board is not connected with TM Corp in any way, so providing us with documentation is meaningless. I'm sorry we can't help you, but we have no pull or influence with TM Corp.

So in summary, you have now made your point. You bought an Elkmont. You experienced problems. You don't think you have been treated right by the TM factory. You have initiated a lawsuit. You think other Elkmont buyers should be careful. OK, we understand all that. Is there any other point you wish to make? You haven't told us what you would like us to do, and you certainly have not asked for any help, which is largely what this board is all about. So I don't know where to go next. As I said, I don't think your approach is going to get you much sympathy here. Perhaps I'm wrong.

My grandmother used to tell me that "You attract more flies wth honey than with vinegar." That applies to a lot of situations.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote