View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Default Happiest NEW YEAR ever!!!!

I just wanted to wish you a very happy and prosperous New Year.

In October, I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. I had radical Prostatectomy surgery on Dec 17th and I came home on Dec 19th (I was supposed to be there for 4-5 days).

Today (about 20 minutes ago) I received the final Pathology report and was told that they removed 100% of the cancer. All of the cancer was contained within the prostate and none had escaped past the prostate capsule. The cancer within the prostate capsule was much more aggressive than originally anticipated (grade 4). However, having removed the entire thing, there is no concern of re-occurrence.

I am currently on my feet and back at work with no more worries of cancer. I'm walking 1/2 mile per day and increasing a little each day.

My father (@72) and grandfather (@66) both died of prostate cancer, so of course this has been on my mind for a long time.

I just wanted to extend a big THANK YOU!!! to the members that knew about my ordeal, for your prayers and concerns. It made all of the difference in the world toward my (nothing short of) miraculous recovery.

Wayne