View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
rjlwork

Default First timers in a Trailmini

We are newbies to be sure! We purchased our Trailmini in Tucker, GA and camped an hour away. Then we drove it home to Ohio without any problem with my 2007 Chevy Rendevous. It did need a different kind of hitch ball to get it far enough off the ground. The dealer in Tucker, GA was fantastic and provided us with lots of instructions; even though the "mini" is new, we've figured out almost everything together. We were certainly the hit of our first campground! People with expensive class a's wanted to see inside and were impressed with the room and storage.

The back porch is small but usable; especially nice with the awning out (keeps the rain out of the doorway). We also like all the storage capability of the back porch. We intend to go to some Nascar races each year and will need to take a generator for my husband's CPAP. Still trying to decided which way to go on the generator as he needs a longer run-time than the 4 hours the Honda's advertise. We did find a Champion 3500/4000 that will run all night. Any thoughts? AC would be nice too; but not an absolute must.

This a picture from our first official stop. We've since been to a local KOA to try out the dog with camping. Oz was very happy to share the bed with Dad. I slept on the pull out couch which is quite comfortable, but just a tad shorter. Haven't had to use the furnace yet but everything else has been tried and seems pretty straighforward. On our close-to-home trip, we met another Trailmanor owner passing through on her way to Nashville. She showed us her screen for the door. I've emailed the inventor with the differences on the Trailmini and hope he can manage a modification.

My only question so far, (operationally) is the light that appears to be on the gas detector is on (green) even with the trailer closed. Do I need to pull a fuse during short term storage? We're going out again next weekend and don't want to drain the battery while it sits in the storage lot. I've learned alot already from this site and hope to learn more as we explore our Trailmini. Thanks for all of your advice so far!

Judy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini 013.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	3948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini 014.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	3949