View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Maine Jeff

Default My 3023 is toast

I moved last year and left my TM 3023 parked at my old place. It was open all winter and the snow load caused the roof to cave in. I understand that it is a factory job to get it back to it's intended condition. I can't afford to do that.

We love our TM. Since I've already written it off as a total loss, it can't hurt to try to salvage it.I'd like some input.

I've consider 2 options.

1. take the shells off.the sidewall are still good. build a roof between the 2 walls. I'm thinking that so long as i maintained a 1":8' slope, I wouldn't nee to provide an arc the roof,though I suspect the arc would aid greatly in structural support. I'm not sure how the roof attaches to the side walls currently, though. Then I could cover with the new seamless roof material that is available for RV's these days. Any thoughts appreciated sinceIknow nothing about the new roofs.

2. construct an aluminum and ABS structure, Apache style. The challenges here are providing a lifting mechanism and the lower walls would have to support the weight of the upper walls. I would need to reconfigure the door and beef up the bed supports since they will be supporting the additional weight of the surrounding walls.

I'm brainstorming and am open to any and all suggestions. Like I said, I'm trying to bring it back from the dead, so no idea is a bad idea. If you have a crazy suggestion that your embarrassed to post publicly, PM me.