View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
Scott O

I perface these comments with mentioning that we have had absolutely no problems with our Thetford and it works as advertised. My "nasty" comment came after I saw the insides through ShrimpBurritos excellent pictures. I see no way to adequately clean the thing...I can imagine what must get caught in the screen. I try not to think of what must be going on inside!!!

I agree with harveyrv regarding the cassette toilet. You would have to pull it out and empty it with the TM open. So what is the major difference between that and pulling the handle to dump now? Granted, you can pull the handle, close up, and dump. But you can't add additional water to try and rinse the thing without opening up. This is only a problem if you don't have a dump on your site and have to move to do it. A cassette toilet would entail a major redesign as much of it is below floor level, so I don't know if it would work.

My current rinsing regimin is to dump, fill with clean water and dump again, then add several gallons of water to slosh around on our next drive. When I get to our next site or home, I dump again. Hopefully the sloshing will have loosened everything and it will be at least marginally clean. I hope I will never have to take the thing apart to find out! I have also reevaluated my use of the SewerSolution product, but that is for a different thread...