View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

It sounds like you managed to have a great trip, even with the hassles. Post some pictures, if you can!

People can be really clueless about setting up next to you and switching on the genny at 8 am. I don't know about you, but I rarely get to sleep in, and when I'm on vacation, the last thing I want to hear is someone's generator right next to me at 8 am. Sometimes I think we should get a sign and put it outside that says "Generator-free neighbors preferred". We'd really like to go down to Seacliff Beach (10 minutes away) and just spend the night down there in the non-reservation section, first come, first served, but you're assured of generator noise at all hours and we just won't go there anymore unless we get a full-hookup site. It just ruins the ambience. I want to listen to the waves, not someone's contractor-grade generator.

We love our TM, but we don't think it's a good off-road trailer. So we don't take it on rough roads. We want to keep it nice (& intact). There are a few campgrounds we'd love to go at the end of bumpy, gravel & dirt roads, but our TM will never go there. We don't think it's made for that.

If we were into off-roading more, we'd go with something more on the lines of the Jayco Baja, or just a pop-up truck camper.

I hope you can get your problems fixed easily so you can get out on the road and enjoy yourselves again!