View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

I clear our gas line at the stove like Bill does. When I light the fridge, I hold down the gas button for 60 seconds then try to ignite it (one click). If it doesn't light, I wait another 10 seconds and it usually lights on one click. The time for your gas lines to clear may very. However, once you figure it out, it's usually about the same amount of time every time that you light it.

Standing there clicking the igniter twice every second will only wear out the igniter. The gas can run for 10 seconds without igniting without a problem. You might get a little "Whoomph" when it ignites but not bad. If it doesn't light with one click, that means that the gas isn't coming through yet. Continuous clicking won't make it light faster.

The guy that I bought our TM from told me that the fridge was "very hard to light". It isn't........he was just impatient and I'm surprised that the igniter isn't worn out. In fact, he replaced the fridge with a new TM fridge in 2007. Maybe that's why. When he was showing me the trailer, he turned the gas on at the fridge, pushed the gas button and started clicking that sucker like his life depended on it. I asked him to stop. I held the button down for 60 seconds and it lit on the first click. I thought that guy was going to have a heart attack.