View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #20
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

I happened to be one of the 'unlucky' ones who had to take the toilet apart for repairs. As you might assume, the drain hole is opened when you pull the 'T' handle at the base of the toilet - that's what starts the 'swooshing' noise which is the sound of the toilet contents dropping into the large waste pipe beneath the floor. As a side note, if you don't hear the swoosh (I didn't), it means the drain hole is probably stuck in the open position (even partially) and that waste water is continually filling the large drain pipe, and is only being held in by the outside slide valve. What would be much worse however, is if the toilet valve breaks or malfunctions in the closed position, and you can't get the toilet to drain.

Anyway, I don't have a 'Sewer Solution', but understanding a little bit about how these devices work, I wouldn't think you're going to experience any big problems because you're draining through a smaller hose and don't have that sudden 'head pressure' (pun unintended) at the drain. Once you have the waste water in the drain pipe, I think gravity is going to make it flow through the slinky hose or the Sewer Solution device.

TM owners have been using these drain devices for a while now, so I'm sure they'll also weigh in with their actual experiences.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote