View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
markandanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Mills View Post

Little lights in the front cabinets aren’t working.

Noticed that my DeWalt 14 volt drill couldn’t handle the lift of the 3124, don’t know if it’s all 14 volt drills are whether my batteries are just too old. Anyone using a 14 volt? May have to upgrade to an 18, cranking by hand isn’t very enjoyable.
Our front lights didn't come on either until I remembered the little black switch at the vent and then ... voila!

Mark used his 12-year-old DeWalt 14 volt drill when we went camping with our 3124 this past weekend so its power is sufficient. The first time he tried to use it, however, the battery wasn't fully charged and it gave out quickly. Much better luck after recharging. In fact, he went the whole weekend without recharging, so that meant taking the jacks down in the garage, setting up in the driveway to pack, then back down to travel, setting up at the campground, then back down to come home, and finally setting the jacks up for storage in the garage. It was freshly charged at the beginning of all of that however. He says that he thinks these 12 yr old NiCads discharge on their own over time, so he wouldn't have been able to do all of that setting up and taking down if we'd been at the campground for more than a couple days.

He says I should also add that he uses it on speed setting "1" which gives the most torque but is slow and won't lift the TM more than a little bit once the jack hits the ground. The main reason he's wants to eventually upgrade the drill is to get more lift after the jack hits the ground so the kids don't wiggle the TM around so much.

Anne