View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Mills View Post

Went on my maiden TM trip last week, five days in southern UT boondocking. Weather was great and there were no major problems. A couple of minor ones.

First time closing the TM before leaving was a comedy. 1st attempt to close back failed, removed Travelsak, 2nd attempt failed, removed the memory foam topper. Closed and then realized you can’t fold the steps in when it’s down.

Little lights in the front cabinets aren’t working.

Noticed that my DeWalt 14 volt drill couldn’t handle the lift of the 3124, don’t know if it’s all 14 volt drills are whether my batteries are just too old. Anyone using a 14 volt? May have to upgrade to an 18, cranking by hand isn’t very enjoyable.

Now to get to all those little mods….
Sounds like a great trip. I still forget stuff when I close up. When the back shell shows resistance, I have either left the over-sink cabinet up, or forgot to unlatch the doors.

Try the little black switch in the vent to see if that works the front lights.

When putting down the jacks, just use your drill for the unloaded part. Unlock the jacks from the closed position with the crank, then use the drill to lower the jacks until they reach the ground, then use the crank again for the final lifting. That seems to work for me.

Chap