View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Buck Mills

Default My Maiden TM Trip

Went on my maiden TM trip last week, five days in southern UT boondocking. Weather was great and there were no major problems. A couple of minor ones.

First time closing the TM before leaving was a comedy. 1st attempt to close back failed, removed Travelsak, 2nd attempt failed, removed the memory foam topper. Closed and then realized you can’t fold the steps in when it’s down.
Certainly missed the topper on the trip, I’ll have to try again when it hasn’t been so cold. The foam may have been to stiff.

Shortly after hitting the highway I looked in the side mirror and noticed the roadside front edge trim kind of flapping in the wind. Pulled over to find the lower half of the trim has come undone, handy DUCT tape has temporarily solved the problem. Any recommendations on this repair?

Scraped bottom once on a swale (may need to add the extra lift) and maneuvering the 3124 definitely is a little more limited than my previous Chalet 1910. A spot I had previously maneuvered into with my Chalet was a no go in the 3124.

Little lights in the front cabinets aren’t working.

Noticed that my DeWalt 14 volt drill couldn’t handle the lift of the 3124, don’t know if it’s all 14 volt drills are whether my batteries are just too old. Anyone using a 14 volt? May have to upgrade to an 18, cranking by hand isn’t very enjoyable.

Now to get to all those little mods….