View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #10
KSBASS

DenandSue

I tried the 2 x 2" trick already. Actually I tried it with a solid 4" topper that we have on our guest bed. This is a premium topper that is wonderful on top of our rock-hard guest queen mattress. We flopped it on the hardwood floor in the bedroom and tried it out. We're not large people by any means, but we sank to the floor. Not firm enough. You really need the firmer foam underneath in my experience. I went with the 2" california king topper from Overstock.com. I trimmed it for a perfect fit. Vastly improved my sleep.

The TM closes tightly now. I also just discovered a possible problem. I went out into the TM last week which is stored open. It was 18 degrees in there. I happened to notice the topper was hard as a rock! It is afterall, temperature reactive foam! There is no way I could have shut down the TM with that topper in place. Just something to consider for you cold weather winter camper bears!

Anyone else really itching to take out the TM? We went to a bluegrass festival a couple weeks ago in Lawrence. Stayed in the Holiday Inn. Just not the same!

Grins!
Troy