View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #14
Joseph

Just wanted to say thanks to all, especially Bill for sharing his ordeal and to WMTIRE. Thank you for your posts and the work that goes into them. This Marathon tire maypop thing is new to me. I have been driving and towing for a long time and never had tire problems such as described here. Some Marathons must be defective. Sort of like the Ford / Bridgestone / Firestone tire problem back in 2000. (15-inch Wilderness AT, radial ATX and ATX II tire)

I have always tried to purchase good tires and take care of them. However with the Marathon tires it seems you just take your chances! It does not leave one with a warm fuzzy feeling that’s for sure. We have had our TM since Jan 07. Have had it out 4 times. Three local state parks weekend trips but only one trip over 300 miles. Was thinking about taking it to Colorado this summer. If I do, and I still have Marathons on the TM, I am going to do what Bill did, get another spare! WMTIRE if you run across a better tire for the TM would you PLEASE tell us?

Thanks again.