View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
thewitzclan

Default Had a good trip considering the weather...

It was cool and rainy and if it wasn't raining or drizzling it was very cloudy, for just about our whole stay. We loved the Trailmanor though. It was nice not having to run to the camp's bathroom in the middle of the night.
There was a condensation problem and I'm sure it was due to the "lovely" weather. But if we had been in our Mesa camper, all the bedding would've been wet, not from leaking but from condensation. At least in the Trailmanor the bedding wasn't wet, well anything touching the walls was a little damp, but I can live with that. We just tried to keep the bedding off the walls and kept them wiped down the best we could.
Also, it was very noisy when it was raining. It sounded like we had plumbing pipes in our ceiling, it was very strange. When it was raining hard it wasn't as noticible, but during the light rain we had some strange trickling sounds. Took us a while to decide it wasn't a problem, just a quirk to get use to when it rains.
Loved all the storage space too. Seems there was a place to put everything and no chance to get real cluttered like the camper use to.
My husband put a thread in the tow vehicle section...we didn't have any problem towing with the Sedona although we probably will get a different TV. I don't think we want to tow anywhere real hilly or mountainous. We've been talking about getting a conversion van since we got the Mesa. (Which we haven't sold yet, actually we need to put it up for sale, so if anyone knows anyone that is interested, point them in our direction.) And we think we will still go with a conversion van since it would be like having an "extra room". Back to the DH putting a thread on the tow section...we just had some bouncing. It's hard to explain. We figured it may have had something to do with the roads because it wasn't happening all the time. I think it may also have been something to do with the air pressure in the tires. The tires say 65 PSI and we were at about 58 PSI, and we weren't at full load capacity. I'm thinking we should have had the air pressure in the tires a little lower. Am I wrong? Should we have had 65 PSI?
Anyway, even though it rained we had a good time. Hit the mall, a few museums, went for some nice rides (really we were lost), Turkeyville, and we went to Binder Zoo (great zoo by the way) on the only day it didn't rain, but it looked like it could rain at any moment. There was no one there, the animals were active, it was great!
We will be making a couple more trips in October and are looking forward to it! Hopefully the weather will cooperate the next time.
Cathy