View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 02:33 PM   #1
Wrench

Default Towing with Grand Caravan

Hi all. I just registered after finding this site a few days ago, and am picking up my new 1995 3023 in Redding, CA in a week. Not many of these puppys out west as far as I can tell, but I've been looking for one for a while and called around and found a sleeper while in Redding to pick up my 14 yr. old basketball playing son from BB camp there a week ago. 119 deg. F in the shade when I was there. Ouch!

I'll be picking up the TM and pulling it home with my '99 AWD Grand Caravan equipped with 3.8L V6. Today I added a modest Trans cooler to the already equipped radiator and aux. trans cooler, and plan to add an engine oil cooler in a few weeks (I just won and ebay auciton for one, but don't have it yet).

The deal, includes trailer wiring and an load eq/hitch. My question is, How many TM owners tow with a Caravan, and is it adequate for the task? I've towed a severly overladed uitlity trailer in the past and had plenty of power for the job, but am concerned that the TM may be too much for it. The '95 3023 was supposedly 2,5XX lbs. The AWD GC is rated to tow 3,000 lbs.