View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #6
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Talking I've got 4Runner and Robin; works great

Although my Robin WDH (1000 lb model) has trunnion bars, not round. This one appears to be every bit as good as the draw-tight, and performed GREAT although the clearance between my bars and the pins on my swing hitch is only about 1".

(I don't have the factory swing hitch, it's Dinuba RV's conversion from the standard hitch. More beefy in several critical ways.)

BTW, when I say it performed great, I mean that I took it through a famous stretch of 395 between Reno and Carson City where they have 5-10 Semi Rollovers every year from high winds. The "high winds, trailers NOT advised" sign was turned on, but the 4R/Robin/2619 handled it like the Trailer wasn't even back there.
- - - -

I purchased my WDH *after* having dragged the TM down and back from the Reno DMV for Registration. No problem, and that involved both freeway speeds and grades up to 7%. But do take it EASY while driving without a WDH, I didn't go over 50 (even on the flat, straight portions) for that DMV trip. My front end was raised about 2", so any emergency maneuvers would have been made on SEVERELY underloaded steering tires. And I've got the big V8 up front, your front end (with the lighter V6) might be unloaded more than mine.

At the Camping World prices Paul listed above, I'd pay the extra $50 for the Reese-- because, if you ever need to replace a bar, Reese replacement parts are readily available. But I paid under $200 for my Robin, and it was local, with no shipping costs.