View Single Post
Old 07-30-2002, 01:29 AM   #9
Chris_Bauer

Default Re: I'm afraid to ask...

Quote:
..in sickness and in health, 'til TrailManor we do part.

Just couldn't help myself.
Rick your comment is funny but it help me make a major decision.  Living in Mexico we keep the Trailmanor in storage in the Rio Grande Valley.  We took the option of buying new and got great financing from my credit union in San Antonio.  

The dilemma:  The drive to the border is two hours on a good day, toll highway fees, insurance to cross to the U.S., etc.  and we only get to use it every six weeks if we are lucky and of course summer and Christmas vacations.  I'm addicted to my Trailmanor.

To bring the TM to Mexico I need to pay an import tax of 3500.00 (u.s).  So if anyone is wondering why we have attempted to sell TiMi (my current name for the TM) now you know the reason.

Well, thanks Rick, because now I have decided that I can't live without the TM and am willing (or crazy enough) to pay the import tax to have my TM with me every weekend.

Based on some of the TMs that are still out there, I'm sure we will get more out of it than what it will cost us.  With the TM and the roads we have,  we will be able to go where no other trailer has ;D.  How many Trailmanors are there in Mexico anyway!!  Could this be a first for Trailmanor? ;D