View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 01:27 AM   #10
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

Lou

I think there are many TM owners who have moved down from larger trailers. My impression is that TMO is probably made up of 1/3 who moved down, 1/3 who moved up and 1/3 first time owners.

Our 5th wheel was a 1992 27ft Alpenlite and we pulled it for 10 yrs and probably 80,000 mi with a 92 Chevy pickup --- circled the US three times among other things and averaged 3-5 months per year in it after retiring. We had a lot of wonderful times and wouldn't take anything for those years but the time came when we needed to trade for something a little newer or move on. After a lot of soul searching I told my wife that I didn't really want to deal with something that large again (and certainly nothing larger) and gave her the option of going significantly smaller or doing the motel thing. To my surprise she said smaller and after a couple of hrs on the internet the TM popped up.

I've read that most retirees tire of the RV lifestyle after 3-5 yrs and get a second home somewhere or just stop traveling. We are not to that point yet. We still like to wander but not necessarily in an RV. In fact we will take a few days and ride our tandem bicycle down to San Diego with two other couples starting about a week from now. Our 2619 should feel like the Queen Mary after several nights in a tent.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote