View Single Post
Old 11-10-2002, 02:32 PM   #1
grkman1

Default Taking our TM Cross Country

I have been wanting to buy a trailmanor for 17 years now but could never convince my wife, and also it seems like there were so many other more important things to do.

Last march, my dream finally came through.  We, along with out best friends, purchase brand new 2002 2619's.  I had spinal surgery a few months prior and could only raise my left arm slightly.

I have had no problems what so ever opening up the trailmanor with the use of one arm.  It takes only a few minutes to be enjoying the great outdoors.

Last June, we all took a cross country trip from here in West Palm Beach, Florida out west. (Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and everything in between).  It was the most incredible trip I have ever take.  We were gone for3.5 weeks and the trailmanors worked wonderfully.  I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee V8, and our friends have a new Chevy Tahoe.  I could not get over as to how well these trailers towed.  There were several times where I forgot that I was towing a vehicle.

AS the days past, our understanding of the do's and dont's of trailering became more evident.  My wife and had our jobs, and set up and break down were a breeze.  During the day, we used an Igloo cooler plugged into the 12 volt plug of the Jeep, and when we would stop for Breakfast or Lunch, we pulled what we needed from them and had a great meal in the rest areas.  Of course we did find some places with no facilities, so we opened up the TM, and formed a line.....between the 2 families and 2 TM's we were 7. When we needed extra refrig space, we plugged in the Igloo to the power plug next to the refrig, and placed the Igloo on top.

During our visit to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, it was extremely windy and the sand just covered our TM, but inside it was as solid as a full size trailer.  I never felt that the TM would take off with the wind.

I can not tell you how thrilled we were with our units.  To have something that fits in the garage, and yet be able to live in it for such a long trip and not feel cramped.  What amazed me in our travels was that people who were owners of $100-200,000 Motorhomes,would come over to us to see our TM's and asked how they opened and closed.  The brochures we got with our owners manual were gone by our 3 stop.

Unfortuntely, to no fault of our TM's or myself, my trailmanor was destroyed in an accident.  It was totalled, but today Im happy to say, we just got our New 2003 2619 and just cant wait to use it next weekend.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.