View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 11:10 PM   #4
BobRederick

Ken

The frame brackets were my initial problem, too and the reason dealer swapped to the next higher weight model. Something hit the tanks when the torsion bars were set.

My hitch has the lable "Husky" on the bars. Likewise the anti sway slide is labled "Husky". The bars are also labled "501 - 800# for two bars". I run the chains in the 3rd link (2 hanging loose) and it appears quite good. This has little tension on the bars and they can be put on relatively easily without lifting the hitch above travel position.

My hitch was thrown into the deal at no added cost by dealer. I didn't even get the instructions for it. I do know that on initial installation and for the trip home (2000+ mi) the chains were on the 4th link (3 hanging). That put a huge overload on my front tires and ruined a $230 Michlan. I had to learn how to level the truck myself after getting home. I have automatic levelers on the truck and that baffled the dealer techs. Had me baffled too, for a while.

Whatever you get, I recommend trying it before buying for the reasons above. I wanted the Equal-I-Zer brand but dealer didn't sell it and I didn't dare buy it before driving to get the trailer.

Bob