View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 11:40 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaupp
You don't pull the bed back. You unlatch the safety catch and lift/tilt the front edge of the bed to exit - takes about 5 seconds.
MJL
As far as I know, Mike is correct about the bed/exit. And it brings up a question. For as long as I have owned a TM, people have said that the bed will fall down outside the camper if you don't engage the pin. But neither of my TM's have worked that way. In fact, the bed CAN'T drop, because the braces, outside the camper, are below it.

In both of my TM's, the bed/exit works as Mike said - you lift the front edge of the bed and go out under it. When engaged, the pin prevents the bed from being lifted, presumably as a "lock" to keep intruders out. I personally have never engaged the pin. In fact, I have removed it, along with the pins that lock the front slider in place. They seemed to serve no useful purpose, and were often in the way, or caught on something.

So what's the story? Is this a model-specific, or age-specific thing? Does anyone have a TM in which the bed will actually fall out if the pin is not engaged? I'm not sure I'd be comfortable trusting the weight of my wife and myself to that dinky little pin, or the little block of wood it plugs into.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote