View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 09:56 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: Towing with a Ranger?

The factory spec is correct FOR WHAT IT STATES!  It tells you the "dry weight" of the camper.  The dry weight, by definition, does not include anything more than the bare bones camper.

It does NOT include any factory options.  Think air conditioner, awning, spare tire, TV antenna, swing tongue if you get one,

It does not include anything you carry in the camper - think food, clothes, dishes, tools, TV, microwave, bedding, canvas chairs, charcoal grill, etc.

It does not include fresh water in the water tank, gray and black water in their tanks.  For some reason, I think it does include propane in the propane tanks.

When you add all this, Bill_NM's results are typical, and are almost exactly equal to mine.

This is not a Trail Manor thing - this is universally true for all manufacturers.  They tell you what the basic box weighs, and then let you load it up to match your personal preferences.  It is a surprise to new owners - it was a surprise to me - but frankly I'm not sure how it could be handled better.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote