View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 08:41 PM   #1
trail manners

Default Ranger for 3023?

2000, 4.0L, 6 cyl., supercab Ranger 3.55 gear ratio. No transmission cooler or extra radiator capacity. Automatic transmission with overdrive. I suppose 3 gears plus OD; on the gear shift indicator, there are D 2 1. The D is against a circular white background. GVWR 4960, front GAWR 2600, rear GAWR 2750. I do not have the gross combined vehicle weight rating.

There are two of us, 3-4 small bundles of firewood, couple of lawn chairs, ice chest, a few lightweight tools, and app 25 pounds other stuff in the Ranger.

The 1986 TM has the numerals "26" (no other numerals) on the front sides of the unit. But I understand that it is app equivalent to the current 3023. We have the double bed up front and the queen in the rear.

We have a spare tire and A/C. We tow with empty water tank. We have micro-wave, clothes, food, the usual personal and household care items plus app 25-50 pounds miscellaneous in the TM.

If the Ranger is not adequate for this unit, I can consider getting a 2619 or a different TV for this unit.

I have read posts on the Ranger. Thanks for those and any others you would like to offer about my specific situation. Thanks also to Chris for this forum and all of you who offer helpful tips.

Working on my trail manners,

Dan