View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 01:39 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmanor View Post
I will say that I dislike the vinyl/velcro pieces that "fill" the air gap between the top and bottom of the TM.
I'll offer a differing opinion about those things. When we got our first TM, many years ago, I learned immediately that the TM is short on places to put all the small everyday items that we need quick access to. The dog leash, for instance. My phone. My key ring. A pencil, pen and a small notepad. My sunglasses. The campground map with the wifi code and TV listing. My wallet when I want to sit. A small flashlight. The TV remote. You may be able to name a dozen more things - I can - that could be stashed in a drawer, except that the few drawers are full of other stuff that doesn't need quick access. The vinyl and velcro flaps make wonderful shelves to hold those items, making camping life bit simpler.

Then we got our second TM, and darn it, the flaps were slanted downward a bit. They made terrible shelves - everything would roll or slide onto the floor! I was about to remove and re-install the flaps to level them, when someone on this Forum pointed out the problem. The shell was not opening quite enough, leaving the outside edge of the flap a bit too high. A simple adjustment of the stop set the shell right, and the flaps properly level. We love those handy little shelves, and never went back. Yay, Forum folk!

Quote:
Congratulations, and enjoy your new ventures!
That goes for me too. You will love it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote