View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 03:54 PM   #19
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Default Grrr!

The hardwire 12V adapter arrived yesterday. Went to the trailer and decided to wire it into the street side reading light in the front cabinet. The housing was broken anyway, so thought that I could wire inside the cabinet and use the switch in the light housing. And not mess with the wiring behind the fridge.
Got it all wired in with the supplied fuse, turned the battery back on, and…. Nothing!

After checking all of the wiring back there, it turns out there is no power to the main wiring that comes from the ceiling to the speaker or the light. All of the ceiling lights work in the front shell and when the stereo deck is on, there is power to the speakers…. But it appears that if the deck is off, there is no power going to the hot wire that feeds the speakers and the little reading lights.

I don’t have the deck on since it was generating a lot of heat right over the top of the fridge and I was having enough trouble in the summer heat and humidity. And if I’m working on battery power, having the deck on if I’m not using it, which I never do, is a waste of amps.

So likely going to use the purple 12V line (furnace, toilet, water pump) in the bundle behind the fridge. So a couple of hours work got me nowhere, except a bit more understanding of the TM wiring.

Edit….. Just pulled out the wiring diagram that I downloaded from the forum. Seems there is a switch at the curbside vent that turns on the front reading lights that I didn’t know existed …. So back I go tomorrow and rewire everything and look for that switch!